Ana səhifə

Apsda asia Pacific Space Designers Alliance minutes


Yüklə 115.45 Kb.
tarix22.06.2016
ölçüsü115.45 Kb.

APSDA


Asia Pacific Space Designers Alliance
MINUTES of the Meeting

Held 13 March 2015 at Le Club, Maison & Objet, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore



*Note: APSDA Secretariat contact details - Emily Austin, eaustin@design.com.au.



Item





1

MAISON & OBJET PRESENTATION
Elodie Renaud, Marketing Director Maison & Objet (M&O), gave a presentation on the M&O show. M&O is a partner of Singapore Design Week. M&O Asia focusses on interior design and home decoration and includes 26 countries (32% Asia Pacific) and 303 brands.


2

PRESENT
Julie Hobbs FDIA (Chair) President Design Institute of Australia (DIA)

Joanne Cys Design Ambassador Design Institute of Australia (DIA)

Chris Yap President Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID)

Mohamad Faisal Ghazali Deputy President Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID)

Hiromu Hasegawa President Japanese Society of Commercial Designers (JCD)

Masanobu Takeishi International Team Japanese Society of Commercial Designers (JCD)

Frankie Liang Director Shenzhen Association of Interior Designers (SZAID)

George Budiman President Interior Design Confederation Singapore (IDCS)

Belen Morey Director International Philippine Institute Of Interior Designers (PIID)

Wilfrid Magcase Director Philippine Institute Of Interior Designers (PIID)

Wenyuan Peng Director Chinese Society of Interior Designers (CSID) Taiwan

Johnny Chiu Director Chinese Society of Interior Designers (CSID) Taiwan

Antony Chan Chairman Hong Kong Interior Design Association (HKIDA)

Montip Linn Assoratgoon Vice President Thailand Interior Designers Association (TIDA)

Vachira Thanmathikom Treasurer Thailand Interior Designers Association (TIDA)

Francis Surjaseputra President Indonesian Society of Interior Designers (HDII)

Lea Aziz Next President Indonesian Society of Interior Designers (HDII)
In attendance

Pru Sanderson CEO Design Institute of Australia (DIA)


Apologies/Absent

Iris Dunbar President International Fed of Interior Arch/Designers (IFI)

Cathy Veninga CEO Designers Institute of New Zealand (DINZ)

Zhao Qing Xiang President Shenzhen Association of Interior Designers (SZAID)

Prasanna Aluthge President Sri Lanka Institute of Interior Design (SLIID)

Bankim Dave Imm. Past President Institute of Indian Interior Designers (IIID)

(Representative) Korean Society of Interior Designers (KOSID)

(Representative) China Building Decoration Association (CBDA)

(Representative) Japan Interior Designers Association (JID)
The meeting was advised that the CSID will soon have a new President and that Zhao Qing Xiang from SZAID was an apology for personal reasons.





Item





By Whom

By When

3

INTRODUCTION AND WELCOME
The Chair, Ms Julie Hobbs welcomed the members to the meeting.








4

APSDA Logo/Identity Development

Aziz Lea of the HDII gave a presentation on the proposed new APSDA logo. The yellow in the logo stands for togetherness and the grey is to make it more contemporary.












Resolutions










  • The new logo was accepted.

Noted







  • Logo presentation and artwork to be provided to the APSDA Secretariat for distribution to members (*refer note).

Aziz Lea (HDII)

March 2015

5

APEX

Jo Cys of the DIA presented the proposed APEX website. The site has been developed in consultation between Tim Chou (Akuma Design), Jo Cys (DIA) and Pru Sanderson (DIA) with the site design by Goran Rupena of the DIA.

The objective of the site is to provide a platform for host offices and designers to connect with each other to arrange exchange opportunities. Exchanges will typically be short (about 2 weeks) and no remuneration will be involved. The decision to participate is with the hosts and designers and all logistics and accommodation are arranged directly between the parties, not through the Secretariat.

Issues around working visas were discussed and it was agreed that this is a visiting designer scheme with ‘observer’ status not employment.

It was agreed that the scheme would be piloted, with each country approaching design firms to register their details on the site.











Resolutions










Secretariat (DIA)

May 2015




  • Issue draft website to members for comment.

Secretariat (DIA)

May 2015




  • Provide comment on draft website by end May 2015.

All members

May 2015




  • As part of the pilot, each country to work with local designers to register their details on the site.

All members

July 2015

6

Communications Hub

Communications via the website and social media were discussed.

It was agreed that the members will use WhatsApp as an immediate communications/discussion tool. The current WhatsApp group will be extended.

It was agreed that key international events will be posted on the APSDA website. Responsibility for identifying events will be with each member country. The Secretariat will upload information on to the website on request from members. Appropriate text and artwork to be supplied with request for uploading on to the website.












Item





By Whom

By When

6

Communications Hub (cont.)

Resolutions










  • Distribute WhatsApp group details to all members.

G Budiman (IDCS)

March 2015




  • Identify key international events to be posted on the APSDA website (on a regular basis) for uploading by the APSDA Secretariat.

All members

On going

7

APSDA 2016 Adelaide

Jo Cys (DIA) presented plans and the website (http://apsdaaustralia.com.au/) for the forthcoming ASPDA General Assembly and Conference in Adelaide, 24-26 September 2016. The conference will have the theme of ‘Home’. It will take place over one weekend and will include opportunities for networking. Pre and post conference events also planned, including being hosted by local design practices.

The student program instigated by the HDII will be extended. Members were asked to bring delegation of students to the conference in order to have a critical mass of student participants.

It was noted that a year’s lead time is typically required to organise travel. Pre-registrations will be available on the website to assist in preplanning by both the organisers and delegates.

Members were asked to provide suggestions of speakers for the conference to ensure international perspectives.

It was agreed that members will wear national costumes/formal attire at the gala dinner and will perform a traditional song, poem or dance.












Resolutions










  • Add pre-registration capability to APSDA 2016 website.

J Cys (DIA)

April 2015




  • Organise delegations to the conference and pre-register on the website at least a year in advance.

All members

Sept 2015




  • Organise student delegations for participation in the conference student program.

All members

Sept 2015




  • Provide suggestions for APSDA 2016 conference speakers directly to Jo Cys either through WhatsApp or email (joanne.cys@unisa.edu.au).

All members

April 2015




All members

24 Sept 16

8

APSDA 2018 Taipei

Wenyuan Peng (CSID) outlined preliminary planning for the Taipei Conference and General Assembly in 2018. There will be a series of lead up events, commencing with Taipei World Design Capital in 2016.













Item





By Whom

By When

9

IFI Regional Model

The Chair read out a message from Iris Dunbar, which advised that APSDA’s views had been conveyed to a recent IFI Board Meeting.

It was agreed that members could pose questions directly with Iris and that her answers would be distributed to all members.

It was noted that APSDA’s core purpose is to promote the Asia Pacific agenda and should remain as the core focus.












Resolutions










  • Contact Iris Dunbar to thank her for her support of APSDA and copy to members.

J Hobbs (DIA)

April 2015

10

New/missing members

It was noted that New Zealand has been unrepresented at more than one meeting. The Chair will write to Cathy Veninga (DINZ) expressing the members’ desire for New Zealand to participate.

It was also noted that attendance by Sri Lanka had been anticipated. The Chair will write to Prasanna Aluthge (SLIID) expressing the desire for Sri Lanka to be represented at the next meeting.











Resolutions










  • Write to Cathy Veninga (DINZ) requesting participation at the next meeting.

J Hobbs (DIA)

May 2015




  • Write to Prasanna Aluthge (SLIID) expressing the desire for Sri Lanka to be represented at the next meeting. Letter to be copied to members.

J Hobbs (DIA)

May 2015

11

Website Update

The website was viewed by the meeting. The following changes are required:



  • APSDA - new logo

  • China Building Decoration Association (CBDA) - check logo and details

  • Designers Institute of New Zealand (DINZ) - logo out of scale

  • Institute of Indian Interior Designers (IIID) - check logo and details

  • Indonesian Society of Interior Designers (HDII) - change logo

  • Japan Interior Designers Association (JID) - check logo and details

  • Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID) - change logo and weblink

  • Philippine Institute of Interior Designers (PIID) – change logo, add link

  • Shenzhen Association of Interior Designers (SAID) – change website

  • Thailand Interior Designers Association (TIDA) – change logo

  • Sri Lanka Institute of Interior Design (SLIID) - Add to website

  • Korean Society of Interior Designers (KOSID) - check logo and details

In addition, it was agreed that each member country will check their part of the website for accuracy and advise the Secretariat.










Item





By Whom

By When

11

Website Update (cont.)

Resolutions










Secretariat (DIA)

May 2015




  • Follow up on accuracy of CBDA site

G Budiman (IDCS)

May 2015




  • Re-scale DINZ logo

Secretariat (DIA)

May 2015




Secretariat (DIA)

May 2015




  • Provide high resolution logo artwork /website details to Secretariat

F Surjaseputra (HDII)

C Yap (MIID)

B Morey (PID)

Zhao Q Xiang (SAID)

ML Assoratgoon (TIDA)


April 2015

12

APSDA Ambassador Program

George Budiman (IDCS) proposed that Past Presidents of member organisations be made APSDA Ambassadors as this will help promote APSDA.

It was agreed that both the Ambassadors and past Chairs (from the very start of APSDA) be listed on the APSDA website. Each member country to approach Past Presidents to check whether they want to become an APSDA Ambassador and to provide their details to the Secretariat for uploading onto the website.











Resolutions










  • Check with Past Presidents whether they wish to become APSDA Ambassadors. Advise Secretariat for uploading on to website.

All members

May 2015

13

Publication

George Budiman (IDCS) spoke profiling excellence in each member country, potentially in an annual publication. It was agreed that in the first instance, links to one or two pre-eminent award winners will be hosted on the APSDA website. Illustrative key to be put onto the website to attract the viewer.












Resolutions










  • Add an awards page to the APSDA website.

Secretariat (DIA)

June 2015




  • Provide links to awards for uploading on to website.

All members

July 2015

14

APSDA Membership Handbook










The handbook was discussed and will be considered further at future meetings.










Item





By Whom

By When

15

International City Design Festivals

It was agreed to create a global design calendar on the APSDA website and for members to advise the Secretariat of events of international significance for inclusion.












Resolutions










  • Add a global design calendar to the APSDA website.

Secretariat (DIA)

June 2015




  • Advise Secretariat of events of international significance for inclusion in the global design calendar on the APSDA website.

All members

July 2015

16

APSDA Fundraising

Mohamad Faisal Ghazali (MIID) made a presentation on proposed APSDA fundraising and governance structure around the issues of:



  • Partners of APSDA

  • APSDA Industry Discourse

  • Asia ID Awards

  • Asia ID Resource

It was greed that a pro tem committee be created to investigate whether APSDA should be formalised as a legal entity under a new constitution and if so in what form. This is with a view of being able to have corporate partners and a paid Secretariat and for ASPDA to be able to drive more industry discourse, awards and information resources.

Pro tem committee to bring a proposal to the September 2016 meeting in Adelaide. Committee to be chaired and managed by Chris Yap.












Resolution










  • Pro tem committee to investigate potential change to the constitution for APSDA to become a legal entity, including timing and governance structure. Proposal to be prepared for consideration in Adelaide.




C Yap (MIID)

Sept 2016

17

NEXT MEETING
It was agreed that formal meetings will be held every March, potentially again associated with Maison & Objet Asia in Singapore.
It was agreed that in the intervening years between major conventions, communications would be by WhatsApp and a second meeting would be held where possible.











Resolution










  • Investigate a multiyear agreement with Maison & Objet.

Secretariat (DIA)

Oct 2015


Verilənlər bazası müəlliflik hüququ ilə müdafiə olunur ©kagiz.org 2016
rəhbərliyinə müraciət